Annual Report 2010
The main objective of the INCT IN TOXINS [INCTTOX] was the creation of a center in this strategic area for scientific knowledge, founded on basic disciplines, development of immunobiologics and biopharmaceuticals, in Brazil. It also aims to disseminate knowledge, to rationalize its utilization, or to create new structures so that, based on the projects presented in these Subprograms by the researcher groups dedicated to these ideas, multiple policies are instituted for the training of students and young researchers as well as execution of coordinated works.
Associated laboratories have exercised and crystallized the principle that the generation of knowledge is not in its essence competitive, nor individualistic. It is a collective undertaking in the conceptions and evaluations proposed by the Investigators of Institutions that constituted the INCTTOX [two new included this year*], some listed below:
- Ezequiel Dias Foundation (FUNED) – Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (FIOCRUZ) – Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro
- Botanic Institute (IBt) – São Paulo, São Paulo*
- Butantan Institute (IBU) – São Paulo, São Paulo
- University of São Paulo (USP) – São Paulo, São Paulo
- State University of Campinas (UNICAMP) – Campinas, São Paulo
- State University of São Paulo (UNESP) – São Paulo, São Paulo
- Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG) – Campina Grande, Paraíba*
- Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG) – Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- Federal University of Pará (UFPA) – Belem and Santarém, Pará
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) – Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro
- Federal University of Vale do São Francisco (UNIVASF) – Pernambuco
These institutions are integral components of the INCTTOX Project which is structured into the Subprograms: IMMUNOLOGY; PHYSIOPATHOLOGY; BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY; BIODIVERSITY AND EVOLUTION: ACTIONS IN HEALTH [Dissemination, Education, and Production]; ACTIONS IN AMAZONIA; TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH [INNOVATION].